New York, NY 10013
Open Sun. - Wed., 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.
Thur. - Sat., 4 p.m. to 4 a.m.
- Cuisine: Bar Food
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Not Required
- Alcohol: Full Bar . extensive brandy selection and classic cocktails.
- Music Style: Acid Jazz and Lounge
- Dress Code: Casual Chic
When you enter the Brandy Library and see the countless bottles of brown spirits organized on the room’s bookshelves, you’ll ask yourself an important question. Do they use the Dewey Decimal System? There’s no need, as the knowledgeable staff knows their way around the bar’s vast liquor collection. They better, because the Wall Street types who fill the leather chairs aren’t about to wait a long time as the bartender tries to find their glass of Pierre Ferrand 1971 ($55 for 2 ounces). If you’re looking to get as brandy-fied as possible for your buck, check out the Library’s tasting flights. The small sip collections ($31-$88) are a great way to try a number of rare spirits while passing your drunkenness off as educational.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Romantic and Upscale
- Eat Off The Floor
- Noise Level
- Monday evenings live jazz piano. Personal liquor storage for members - $500 per year.
- Private Party and Banquet Facilities
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
- Personal liquor storage for members - $500 per year.
- The gougeres - an eggy puff of warm cheese
- Payment Methods
- American Express, Mastercard, Visa, and Debit Cards
- Cross Streets
- Between Varick and Hudson Sts.
- Public Transportation
1 to Franklin
A, C, E to Canal