The Knitting Factory
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Hours: Mon.-Sun., 5 p.m. - 4 a.m.
- Price Range: $ (Under $9)
- Reservations: Required . Tickets needed for shows, but there is a bar open to the public.
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Admission Price: Depends on event
- Music Style: Rock, Rockabilly, Ska, Acoustic, Alternative, Hip Hop, Indie, Pop, and Punk
- Smoking: No
After stints in the Lower East Side and Tribeca, legendary concert space the Knitting Factory has taken up residence at the address that once held Luna Lounge, which seems like a natural fit. Music, Williamsburg, cool kids, good taste, etc. It's a smaller venue than before, with just one main performance room, and a separate bar (cutely called "The Knit Bar," which'll be open to the public during shoes) serving 10 beers on tap, wines and organic cocktails.
Considering that the KF is keeping its eclectic, all-ages line-up intact, the new venue feels like a marked improvement over its predecessors in numerous ways—less cramped, cleaner and just a whole lot easier to get to. Yes, a little bit of its personality is lost—with two fewer stages, some of the more fringe acts that would have appeared in the old Tap Bar space will be looking for new homes. And in some ways, this Factory is as much a bar as it is a music venue, probably a necessary concession for the times, but one that sacrifices a bit to appease both music lovers and casual drinkers. Neither the front space nor the music section seems strong enough to survive on their own, but taken together they could find a great amount of success.
- Bar Style
- DJ, Dance, Music, and Neighborhood
- Adults / 18+
- Atmosphere and Personality
- High Energy, Bar Scene, and Celeb Spotting
- Up To Par
- Noise Level
- Afterhours, Live Performances, and Happy Hour
- Private Party and Banquet Facilities
- Average Drink Price
- Worth Noting
- Tickets are required for all shows
- Mon.-Sun., 5:00 p.m.-7:00 p.m. Front Bar, 1/2 price
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- At Havemeyer St.
- Public Transportation
L, G to Lorimer - Metropolitan Ave.
L to Bedford Ave.