Brooklyn, NY 11231
Daily, 11:30 a.m.-2 a.m. (or later)
Kitchen closes at midnight Sun.-Wed. and at 1 a.m. Thurs.-Sat.
- Cuisine: Seafood, Irish, Bar Food, Burgers, Sandwiches, and American Traditional and Classic
- Meals Served: Lunch and Dinner
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Not Accepted
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Music Style: Alternative, Irish, and Classic Rock
Billing itself as the oldest bar in Brooklyn (opened in 1874), PJ Hanley's underwent a quiet renovation to the delight of the neighborhood. Once uninviting and cliquey, the Irish bar with a Mexican kitchen in an Italian neighborhood is now one of the friendliest joints on Court Street. Typical bar food is offered alongside pasta dishes and trad Irish fare. The best place to watch the game (any game) in lower Carroll Gardens, it's also known for its outdoor summer activities -- ping pong and the popular smoking barbeque on Sundays at 1 p.m.
Showing 3 of 3 reviews
- Dress Code
- Jeans and T-shirt
- Bar Style
- Irish, Karaoke, Neighborhood, English Pub, and Sports
- All Ages
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Laid Back Casual, Bar Scene, and Family Friendly
- Up To Par
- Noise Level
- Romance Factor
- Fun and Flirty
- People Watching, Takeout/Carryout, Catering, Disc Jockey, Dancing, Delivery, Karaoke, and Live Performances. Outdoor ping pong table in warm weather.
- Private Party and Banquet Facilities
- Average Drink Price
- Payment Methods
- American Express, Discover Card, Mastercard, and Visa
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- 4th Place
- Public Transportation
- F, G at Carroll St.