New York, NY 10011
- Cuisine: American Contemporary and International Fusion
- Meals Served: Dinner
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Restaurant Style: Bistro and Gastropub
- Bar Style: Lounge and Supper Club
The latest venture from nightlife impresario Noah Tepperberg is—in theory, at least—equal parts fine-dining restaurant and swanky night club. That's right—fancy drinks, fancy food and fancy décor, plus fancy DJs, flickering low lights and a dance floor. Make a reservation and bring your roomiest wallet—Avenue's serving an eclectic international menu, with dishes like Kobe beef sliders, lobster rolls and prawn lollipops (all served in curious bento-box-like vessels), alongside specialty cocktails and $16 mixed drinks (but watch out for the automatic 20% gratuity). The look is modernist cathedral, with plenty of elegantly spare wood, austere chandeliers and inlaid gold floor patterns. Come for a late dinner, stay for the dance party? We imagine it might skew more toward the latter.
Showing 1 of 1 reviews
- Dancing, Disc Jockey, and Specialty Cocktails
- Average Drink Price
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- At W. 17th St.
- Public Transportation
- A, C, E, L to 14th St. - Eighth Ave.