The Whiskey Brooklyn
Brooklyn, NY 11211
- Hours: Mon.-Sun. 12 p.m.-4 a.m.
- Cuisine: American Traditional and Classic
- Meals Served: Dinner and Lunch
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Bar Style: Neighborhood and Whiskey
- Recreation and Sports Activities: Video Games . foosball, shuffleboard
Taking over an abandoned tonic water factory in North Williamsburg, this bar from the owners of LES standbys Whiskey Tavern and Whiskey Town brings low-tech fun to the nabe: think shuffleboard, foosball and arcade classics like Street Fighter and Rampage. The drink list skews, unsurprisingly, heavily toward whiskey and whiskey cocktails (like Grandpa Tom's Lemonade, with the brown stuff, lemon, sour and soda), plus beer and wine. The kitchen has self-explanatory offerings like a "Bowl O' Bacon" and fried pickles, and a Hostess cupcake with a shot of White Russian. Thanks to a hidden subterranean space and dimly lit, wood-paneled décor, the spot retains a touch of class—bacon bowls and video games notwithstanding.