New York, NY 10002
Lunch Mon.-Fri., 11 a.m.-4 p.m.
Dinner daily, 6 p.m.-11:30 p.m.
Brunch Fri., Sat., holidays, 10 a.m.-4 p.m.
- Cuisine: American and Seasonal
- Meals Served: Weekend Brunch, Dinner, and Lunch
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Accepted only for parties of 6 or more
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Restaurant Style: Gastropub
Tucked away in a hard-to-locate pocket of the Lower East Side—Freeman Alley, to be specific—this rustic, quirky joint is packed with suspended taxidermy, worn wooden floors and attractively hip folks enjoying gussied-up comfort food and an eclectic wine list. It's a popular spot that doesn't accept reservations, so a wait is inevitable—but worth it. Weekend brunch may be your best chance to snag a table pronto, and it's a surprisingly good bet: There's hardly a wait, service is relaxed and unrushed, and the menu—divvied up into "sweet" and "savory"—should leave you sitting smug while you relish the last sweet-smoky bite of that squash-and-mushroom "hash."
Showing 2 of 2 reviews
- Private Party and Banquet Facilities
- Payment Methods
- Major Credit Cards
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- At the end of Freeman Alley, off Rivington between Bowery and Chrystie
- Public Transportation
F, V to Second Ave.
J, M, Z to Bowery
6 to Spring
- Wheelchair Access