Izzy & Nat's
New York, NY 10280
- Hours: Daily 7 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Cuisine: Bagels, Baked Goods, American Traditional and Classic, and Jewish
- Meals Served: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, and Weekend Brunch
- Price Range: $$ ($9-$15)
- Alcohol: Beer and wine license pending.
- Restaurant Style: Bakery and Deli
A veteran of Community Food and Juice and another of the bagel business have come together to revive the traditional deli in Battery Park City. Open from morning rush hour to post-happy hour, the emphasis here is on big plates of quality fare from local sources. High quality smoked meats include smoked fish and pastrami from Catsmo the father and son team’s Catskill’s Artisan Smokehouse and rye from Orwasher’s bakery. By day, find bagels hand-rolled in house, mounds of pancakes and French toast. By night expect to find large plates of wholesome American fare including buttermilk fried chicken, steaks. For a lazy lunch, scarf down a Rachel (pastrami, Swiss cheese, coleslaw and Russian dressing), and then a nap in under a tree by the river.