Neighborhood: Upper East Side
1121-23 First Avenue
New York, NY 10021
New York, NY 10021
- Hours: Sun.-Sat., 5 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Cuisine: Beef, Chicken, Desserts, Ice Cream/Frozen Yogurt, Italian, Italian Beef, Mediterranean, Salads, Seafood, Soups, and Noodles
- Meals Served: Dinner . Dinner only.
- Price Range: $$$$ ($26-$30) . Chicken dishes: $20.95-$27.95. Pastas, $15.95.
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine . Martinis straight up. Drinks served in 13-oz. glasses.
- Critic's Rating: 3 stars
- Restaurant Style
- Dress Code
- Business Casual
- Outdoors Only
- Bar Style
- Supper Club and Wine. Cozy, near brick wall, dark wood bar, tan wicker stools.
- Adults / 18+. Romantic; dimmed lights, candlelight, round tables with white cloths, soft and cozy. Children not really part of the mix.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Cozy, Laid Back Casual, Quiet, Romantic, and Up To Par. Soft lights, flowers. Where's the ring?
- Live Music
- Yes. Fri.-Sat. nights, 8 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Up To Par
- Noise Level
- Romance Factor
- Appetizers Snacks
- Delivery, Live Performances, People Watching, Private Ownership, Signature Dishes, Specialty Cocktails, and Takeout/Carryout. Piano in bar.
- Average Drink Price
- Beer, $6/glass. Wine, $8/glass. Mixed drinks/frozen drinks, $10/ea.
- Worth Noting
- Broadway singer/composer Michael Valenti, entertaining live at the piano in the bar and taking requests for classically romantic old standards like, "If I Loved You"), Fri.-Sat., 8 p.m.-11 p.m. Framed photos of celeb diners lining entryway walls.
- Sun., Mon., Mama's Famous Meatballs, made by co-owner "Mama" Marie Salvaggio. Calamari Mama (tomato, garlic, peas, basil). Pollo Mama (onions, tomato, sprinkled with marsala, baked with eggplant). Cozze Brodetto (steamed mussles in tomato sauce).
- Payment Methods
- American Express, Mastercard, and Visa
- Outdoor Seating
- Yes. 4-12 tables outside.
- Yes. Within 2-3 block area.
- Cross Streets
- 62nd-63rd Streets
- Public Transportation
- M15, M31, M59. #5, #6 trains at 59th Street and Lexington Avenue.
- Wheelchair Access
- No. Narrow entryway from street; long walkway.