New York, NY 10019
Mon.-Thu., 12:00 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.; 5:00 p.m.- 10:00 p.m.
Fri., 12:00 p.m.- 2:30 p.m.; 5:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.
Sat., 5:00 p.m.- 11:00 p.m.
- Cuisine: French, Game, Gelato, Seafood, American Traditional and Classic, and Vegetarian
- Meals Served: Business Lunch, Dessert, Dinner, Lunch, and Pre Theater
- Price Range: $$$$ ($26-$30)
- Reservations: Recommended
- Alcohol: Beer, Full Bar, and Wine . Special Martini menu
- Restaurant Style: Bistro
Opened in 1960, Chez Napoleon remains a Theatre District dining staples. Much credit can be given to Chef Grand-Mere Marguerite Bruno, whose traditional French recipes are no-frills fantastic. Bouillabaise, Coq au Vin, Steak Au Poivre are reliable entrees, and the Martini menu features specialty drinks such as The Napoleon Complex Martini. Dessert here is not to be missed – order the Chocolate Soufflé, a marvelous confection. The cozy dining area – separated into two rooms – is not much changed since the original opening. When something works so well, why bother?
- Dress Code
- Casual Chic
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic, Cozy, Family Friendly, and Romantic
- Up To Par
- Noise Level
- Romance Factor
- Online Menu, Prix-Fixe Meals, Specialty Cocktails, and Takeout/Carryout
- Average Drink Price
- Payment Methods
- American Express, Discover Card, Mastercard, and Visa
- Approx. 40 seats
- Outdoor Seating
- Cross Streets
- Between Eighth and Ninth Aves.
- Metered and Street
- Public Transportation
- C, E to 50th St.