New York, NY 10014
- Hours: Mon.-Thu., 5:30 p.m.-11:30 p.m. Fri., 5:30 p.m.-12 a.m., Sat.-Sun., 12 p.m.-11 p.m.
- Cuisine: Italian
- Meals Served: Weekend Brunch and Dinner
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Not Required . Only accepted for parties of three or more.
- Alcohol: Full Bar
- Restaurant Style: Bistro
The epitome of what a neighborhood trattoria should be: a handwritten menu that changes regularly, spare brick walls and banged-up wooden tables, and general revelry in every corner. Go the traditional route and share three courses—start with a simply dressed salad; then move on to the chitarra, strings of thick, hand-pressed pasta tossed with roughly chopped tomatoes; and finish with the grilled lamb chops, accompanied by a lemony side of sautéed greens. The casual, European service means you might have to flag someone down to get a glass of wine, but it doesn't really matter in a place this straightforward.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Laid Back Casual, Cozy, and Family Friendly
- Catering and Takeout/Carryout
- Private Party and Banquet Facilities
- Payment Methods
- Cross Streets
- At Christopher St.
- Public Transportation
1 to Christopher St.-Sheridan Sq.
A, C, E, B, D, F, M to West 4th