Lenny's Clam Bar and Restaurant
Queens, NY 11414
Sun-Thu. 11 a.m.-2 a.m.
Fri-Sat. 11 a.m.-4 a.m.
- Cuisine: American Traditional and Classic, Italian, and Seafood
- Meals Served: Dessert and Lunch
- Price Range: $$$ ($16-$25)
- Reservations: Accepted
- Alcohol: Full Bar
Anyone who remembers the old days when stiff-acting, local business owners would star in their own TV commercials must recall the commercials featuring then-owner Joseph DeCandia, with his honest smile and his guarantee: “Ask for Joe and get a free glass of wine on the house". Nowadays, his son is the proprietor, but the sturdy Italian seafood here tastes as rich as ever. Better yet, the menu has expanded with thick steaks and barbeque dishes, which explains why people in Howard Beach still consider "Lenny's" a landmark after all these years. And yes -- you can still ask for Joe and get that free vino.
- Atmosphere and Personality
- Area Classic and Family Friendly
- Payment Methods
- Diners Club and Major Credit Cards
- Cross Streets
- At 161st Ave.
- Metered, Nearby, On Site, and Valet
- Public Transportation
- LIRR to Jamaica, 21 bus to 160th Ave.